Health & Fitness
We believe that by tackling the root causes of symptoms and using an expert team that truly works together within a whole person approach, health and wellbeing can be transformed.
Led by Dr Nina Fuller-Shavel, Synthesis Clinic is an innovative healthcare practice that is based on the Functional and Integrative Medicine model. This is a unique approach to health and wellbeing that combines the understanding of the body’s normal function (anatomy, biochemistry, genetics and physiology) and conventional medicine with lifestyle medicine approaches (nutrition, stress management, sleep, movement) and evidence-informed complementary healthcare in a way that tackles the root causes of illness.
Our multidisciplinary team includes integrative and functional medicine doctors and psychology, nutrition, acupuncture, osteopathy, physiotherapy, movement, yoga and mindfulness experts. We are all not only immensely passionate about health but also truly and compassionately listening to our clients and working together to support, motivate and inspire.
Our specialist multidisciplinary clinics include:
- Gut health – IBS, recurrent and complex SIBO, reflux, gastritis, liver and gallbladder problems, IBD
- Hormones and women’s health – PMS, endometriosis, PCOS, fertility, antenatal and postnatal period, menopause/perimenopause (including bioidentical HRT), thyroid and adrenal dysfunction (often presenting as fatigue, weight and mood issues), breast cancer
- Mental health and wellbeing – depression, anxiety, cognitive function, ‘brain fog’, trauma, complex PTSD, dissociation, depersonalisation and derealisation, functional neurological disorders
- Men’s health – cardiovascular concerns (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes), musculoskeletal health (muscular or joint pain, injury rehabilitation), andropause
Dr Nina Fuller-Shavel, Functional and Integrative Medicine doctor and Director, also runs her own specialist clinic on complex and chronic conditions, including autoimmune disorders, multiple chronic disease diagnoses and medically unexplained symptoms.
Alongside our multidisciplinary clinics and packages that run on a 3-6-month basis, we offer blood testing services for our clients’ convenience and individual appointments with our practitioners from the following specialties:
- Functional, Integrative and Lifestyle Medicine
- Integrative clinical psychology
- Nutrition and health coaching
- Osteopathy – adult and child
- Physiotherapy and 1:1 Pilates
- Personal training